- With the Rotary donation, as well as a $10,000 donation from Irwin borough, Relight the Lamp has raised a little more than $46,000 of the approximately $150,000 needed to restore the Lamp, which is owned by the Westmoreland Cultural Trust.
- The $150,000 “unlocks” $500,000 in state and county grants.
- The Trust hired North Huntingdon Township-based Axis Architecture in August to develop plans to renovate the theater.
- Axis presented its plan in the early part of February; the Westmoreland Cultural Trust hopes to bid out the project on March 11, receive bids by April 26 and possibly award the project within a week after receiving the proposal.
- Construction could take anywhere from four to six months, meaning that, if all goes well, a grand opening celebration could occur sometime around October of this year.
Do you have any questions? Post them below, and we’ll answer them!
And if you’re free on Saturday, come out to support the Norwin Rotary:
The Norwin Rotary Club will be hosting a “Funny Fundraiser” on Saturday, March 3rd at Pluma in Irwin. Doors open at 6:00 PM, Buffet Dinner at 7:00 PM and Showtime at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $35.00 pp and include the buffet dinner & comedy show. Tickets avaialble at Pluma, the Norwin Chamber of Commerce or contact Mike at 412 996 2600. The Norwin Rotary club had this for the first time last year and it was a BLAST. We laughed all night and had a great time with our friends, raising money to help Rotary do what it does best: serve others. Hope to see you there!
Show presented by Slapsticks! Productions LLC