Relight the Lamp Organizational Meeting
Thursday July 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm at Romano’s in Irwin, PA
- Amanda Dumi
- Deb Andrison
- Missy Andrison
- Ruth Ferrand
- Kathleen Heuer
- Karen Glass
- Rooney Jordan
- Joanna Jordan
- Lance Duncan
- Christina Gibbs
Karen Glass served as chair of the meeting.
Volunteers were sought to man the Relight the Lamp booth at upcoming public events.
- Penn Twp. Chamber of Commerce July 19
- Art & Jazz Night July 21
- Concert in the Park (Rat Pack) July 24
We are permitted to set up the Relight the Lamp booth every Saturday at the Irwin Farmers Market, located at the intersection of Fourth and Main Streets.
The two-sided donation sheet was looked at for necessary editing. Editing was completed, revisions were made and a move was made to approve it. It was then approved for print.
A discussion took place about possible venues for a future presentation on what we are about possibly combined with a fundraiser. An indoor venue is being sought for this purpose.
The IBPA has pledged $1,000 to Relight the Lamp and allowed Relight the Lamp a space at the August 6, 2011 flea market. The IBPA has donated an advertising space on their placemats. These are widely distributed, helping to raise awareness.
Different possibilities for fundraisers were discussed and considered.
- Participation in the Irwin flea market was raised as a fundraiser idea. Relight the Lamp would accept unwanted items to be sold at the flea market. Any unwanted item that does not sell would then be donated to Goodwill. That idea was tabled, as several members were not available that weekend, and we were unable to provide the man-hours to make it successful.
- A basket auction on September 24, 2011 (Health & Wellness & Fall Craft Fair in Irwin) was included. Basket donations will likely be sought; will need baskets by 9/21/2011
- End of Summer Celebration (NHT) at Oak Hollow Park on August 27-28. Volunteers are needed to run a game booth. Call Ron with NHT Recreation Board at 724-516-1050 for info.
- Contact Lenhart’s Service Center on Rt. 30 to see if they might donate sign proceeds to Relight the Lamp
A direct mailing may go out to potential donors to help make them aware of our purpose; separate mailings would go out to individuals and local businesses. Contact Kathleen if you’re available to assist.
Possible locations were discussed as to where additional donation forms could be placed where the public would have access to them. A bulletin board flyer will also be created to reach those who don’t have/use internet access.
Next meeting: Thursday July 28, 2011 6:30 pm tentatively at the Norwin Public Library.